Since its formation on December 2, 1971, The Emirates has led an unprecedented journey of development from the desert to become a global destination, hub for businesses and land of opportunities in less than half a century.
- The Emirates is home to the world’s tallest building Burj Khalifa, the world’s largest man-made island, the Palm Jumeirah, and the world’s biggest shopping mall, the Dubai Mall.
- The Louvre Abu Dhabi is one of the latest marvels to open in the capital in 2017, in a cultural collaboration with the French government to bring art from across the world.
- The Emirates has created the world’s first ministry of possibilities and ministry of artificial intelligence.
- The Emirates has ministers of tolerance, happiness and youth.
- The futuristic country is leading efforts in emerging technologies with Dubai aiming to have 25% of its transport as driverless by 2030.
- Dubai has the world’s longest driverless metro system since 2009.
- Women in The Emirates make up third of the cabinet, half of the parliament and 70% of university graduates.
- Abu Dhabi houses global campuses of the Sorbonne University and New York University in the country where the literacy rate is 93%
- Over 20 million tourists visit The Emirates each year.
- The Mars Hope Probe was built by a team of scientists and engineers whose average age was 27. Women comprised 34% of the team.
Emirates Mars Mission
The Emirates aims to share its success story of investing in the human capital to demonstrate people’s boundless potential to dream and make their impossible, possible.
Nothing is impossible if you can dream it. Our message is to honor dreams and empower talents to build a brighter future for humanity.